Systems Analyst (Maximo)
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Systems Analyst (Maximo)
The City of Delta is currently looking for an outstanding candidate to join its Information Systems team in the exciting and challenging role of Systems Analyst. The Systems Analyst will conduct complex analytical and technical work in response to a wide range of business requirements and which encompass all phases of computer projects such as systems analysis, procedure documentation, process design, implementation and operation. The successful candidate will analyze existing and proposed systems and procedures, devise and develop information systems solutions to business problems, and design and initiate programs according to requirements. This position will primarily support Delta’s IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management and Kronos Telestaff systems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and resolution techniques applicable to the development and implementation of information technologies in response to business requirements.
- Ability to act as project leader in the design and implementation of new and modified business processes and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and maintain technical reports and documentation.
- Expert knowledge and experience with IBM Maximo 7.6 including but not limited to Maximo System administration, Maximo Application Designer, Maximo Integration Framework, and Cron tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Asset Management in an Engineering Operations environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or greater including query building and schema design
- Knowledge and experience with Kronos Telestaff would be an asset
Preference will be given to candidates that have passed an IBM Certified Deployment Professional Functional Analyst 7.5+ exam or equivalent, have considerable related experience in business and systems analysis, preferably in a municipality, or have an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license is required.
If you enjoy learning and challenges, have outstanding organizational skills, and believe that the team is stronger than the individual, we would welcome your application for this exciting role.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary ($39.56 - $46.75/hour). Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to #19-177 EX by November 22, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.