Full Time Benefitted
Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
The Payroll Lead is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll for all Regional District Employees, Volunteer Fireﬁghters and Directors. In a largely self‐directed capacity, the Payroll Lead coordinates the workﬂow of payroll support staﬀ, manages the compliance requirements of the organizations annual payroll cycle and delivers clear and reliable payroll information.
This is a full‐time, 35 hour per week position in a busy and growing payroll department. The successful applicant will be oﬀered a competitive salary, and a generous vacation and beneﬁts package.
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, world‐class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community oﬀers all the beneﬁts of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an Accounting Diploma, or an acceptable combination of accounting training and work experience
- Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certiﬁcation, completed or substantially in progress
- 5 years’ experience in a payroll position, speciﬁcally in a fast paced, high volume environment
- An acceptable combination of payroll and accounting training and work experience may be considered
- Municipal experience and/or experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven team player with excellent communication and problem‐solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service approach to work
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce Suite, particularly in Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze data and systems, interpret information and provide ﬁnancial and process recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of applicable sections of the Employment Standards Act
- High degree of ﬂexibility to meet operational needs and a willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Ability to understand and carry out established accepted procedure
- Ability to handle conﬁdential, sensitive and complex situations with sound judgment, tact and discretion
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualiﬁcations and experience relative to the position will be accepted until: 8:00am Tuesday November 19, 2019.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (250) 352‐1546
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This competition may be used to ﬁll similar positions within the next six (6) months .