Director of Finance
City of Port AlberniEmployment Opportunity - City of Port Alberni
Director of Finance
The City of Port Alberni is a vibrant community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
We are currently looking for a Director of Finance to join a progressive and dynamic organization that provides a full range of programs and services to taxpayers. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Finance is a statutory officer position accountable for the duties of the financial officer under the Community Charter and is responsible for the overall direction of the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, financial forecasting, investing, revenue collections, property taxation, payroll and expenditure control functions of the City. The incumbent is a member of the senior management team and acts as a key advisor to the CAO and Council on various financial matters.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting designation plus considerable related experience working in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in local government. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated outstanding strategic financial planning, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the statutes, bylaws, regulations, principles and policies governing the work of a municipal finance department.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in budget preparation and administration.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative manner with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Valid driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia.
This is an exempt position. A competitive salary is offered in addition to a comprehensive benefit package. Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm on November 18th, 2019:
Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources
City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.