Manager, Corporate Security and Emergency Management
Manager, Corporate Security and Emergency ManagementCompetition:
Number of positions:
Lower Mainland Office (To be determined) – Initial training will take place at our Richmond Office.
October 31, 2019
Do you have experience leading a team of security personnel to ensure the safety and security of people and assets across a large organization? We have an opportunity for a manager, Corporate Security and Emergency Management to lead security activities, emergency response plans, and threat management in our offices throughout the Lower Mainland.
You’ll have a few months of training based at our Richmond office, then your work base will be decentralized throughout the offices under your management in the Lower Mainland.
What you’ll do
As the manager of Corporate Security and Emergency Management you will:
- Manage the day-to-day operation and administration of security services to ensure the protection of WorkSafeBC employees, visitors, physical property, and assets
- Manage security employees and contract security staff and identify organizational changes required to maintain an efficient and effective security service
- Act as a liaison with challenging clients on behalf of WorkSafeBC staff
- Develop an understanding of the claims and prevention processes
- Conduct risk and threat assessments as it relates to workplace violence
- Record incidents of a security or criminal nature and ensure they are investigated
- Analyze historical data on incidents to identify trends and implement improvements and initiate preventive measures
- Conduct regional office inspections to complete security audits, identify the security gaps, and develop consequential plans
- Conduct internal presentations and training on aspects of corporate security and emergency management
- Implement emergency response plans and procedures to ensure head office and area office action plans for evacuation procedures, communication techniques, supplies, etc., are complete and current
- Initiate the conduct of emergency drills to reinforce emergency procedures
- Develop and maintain effective internal communication links with all operational areas to identify and discuss security hazards and upgrades, and liaise with building management, public safety professionals, and government bodies to improve security programs and services
- Oversee parking enforcement
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Manage employees and those contracted through security and systems companies; involves hiring, orientating, evaluating, motivating, and coaching employees to maintain high levels of service
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with individuals and teams across the organization in an objective and diplomatic manner, balancing client and project needs with corporate directions
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to diffuse emotional or heightened situations
- Apply active listening and interviewing techniques to gather and clarify information
- Clearly and concisely explain and present information, both verbally and in writing, to various audiences
- Find resolutions to meet the needs of clients and foster an environment where excellence in customer service is emphasized
- Be available 24/7 to provide immediate response and/or direction to staff for issues and incidents related to corporate security or emergency management
- Travel to work in various offices throughout the Lower Mainland
Your experience and educational background
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as criminology, psychology, security management, or emergency management
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in a corporate security, law enforcement, or investigations environment
- Management and employee supervisory experience
- Strong investigation and report writing skills
- Experience with the development of emergency response procedures
- Strong systems and technical skills
- Communication, presentation, facilitation, and team-building skills
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers’ compensation system today and for future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.