Local Government Management Association of BC
The Local Government Management Association of British Columbia, located in Victoria, is an independent non-profit organization that has been providing professional development and training for local government professionals across B.C. for 100 years. Due to a retirement, we are looking for a highly-organized, customer-service oriented individual with exceptional administrative skills to join our team!
If you are motivated, energetic and enjoy working in a small, dynamic team-oriented environment, then this is an opportunity for you! A sharp eye for detail, a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality are fundamental skills needed for this part-time position. This is a 28 hour per week position that, on occasion, could require full-time work.
Hear from our members about what we do and how we impact their careers.
The key responsibilities of the Program Assistant position include:
- Assisting Program Managers and the Event Coordinator in the delivery of LGMA programs, including managing registration lists, supporting logistical/event coordination, monitoring program evaluations, and providing technical and administrative support.
- Providing administrative support for various programs, projects and events, including preparation and distribution of various mail-outs, scheduling of meetings, tracking, reconciling, and processing budget expenses, drafting routine and non-routine business correspondence.
- Addressing inquiries from LGMA members, partners, suppliers, related organizations, and the general public by telephone and electronic mail and developing positive external relationships and resolving complaints/issues with minimal inconvenience to the client.
- Processing accounts receivable and following up on outstanding monies owed to the Association and preparing bank deposits and posting receipts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinating the distribution of LGMA manuals, services and resource materials to members.
- Maintaining volunteer records.
- Assisting with accurate membership records and processing membership communications.
- Assisting with updating the Association membership database.
- Monitoring membership rates and supporting the Communications and Membership Management Coordinator with contacting member organizations to increase members and maintain accurate membership records.
- Assisting the Association’s six regional Chapters with maintaining member records and collection of membership dues.
- Representing the LGMA at events as required and providing member liaison and support, promoting membership and presenting the value of LGMA’s professional development and training opportunities.
We are looking for someone with post-secondary training in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field, a minimum of three years’ experience and demonstrated ability to:
- Proficiently use the technology inherent of the work including: Office 365, Databases, PowerPoint and Accounting software;
- Skillfully communicate in writing and orally;
- Complete accounts receivables and financial tasks;
- Research and analyze issues and identify solutions;
- Provide top-notch customer service;
- Support project or program teams; and
- Maintain databases (e.g. volunteer/contractors/ membership).
Understanding of local government operations and the local government system in BC is an asset.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including benefits and flexible working hours. Join us to support and promote leadership excellence in local government throughout B.C.!
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, November 1, 2019 at 4 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Interviews are anticipated to be held the third week of November.