Seniors Shuttle Bus Driver
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Seniors Shuttle Bus Driver
The City of Delta is currently looking for friendly and dedicated individuals to work on an auxiliary basis as Seniors Shuttle Bus Drivers. This role is responsible for operating a shuttle bus to transport seniors in areas of Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta. The work involves the operation of a shuttle bus in a safe and professional manner overseeing all traffic laws and safety rules according to City requirements and adhering to time schedules. Although the majority of time is spent engaged in driving, the incumbent is also responsible for interacting with seniors, providing assistance to senior passengers with embarking and disembarking the shuttle bus including loading mobility devices, ensuring passenger safety, arranging for pick up and drop off, tracking all trips and routine bus maintenance.
To be a successful candidate, you:
- Are minimum 19 years of age;
- Must hold a minimum Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s Licence in the Province of BC and have experience driving buses/mini-buses/shuttles. The licence must have no more than five (5) demerit points in the past 5 years, no more than two (2) traffic violations in the last five (5) years, and no suspensions or prohibitions of any kind in the past five (5) years;
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and MS Excel;
- Must have or be able to complete Emergency First Aid certification;
- Must be in good physical condition to provide assistance to individuals using mobility aids or wheelchairs;
- Must have a polite and friendly attitude and the ability to relate well with seniors;
- Possess significant skills dealing effectively with the public, including demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and sound decision-making while providing customer service;
- Are able to understand, speak and write English to effectively communicate with the travelling public and to report on incidents involving safety and/or service;
- Have experience working with persons with physical disabilities/challenges and/or seniors is preferred but not required;
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
The hours of work will vary depending on schedule, we anticipate approximately 21 hours/week. The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $22.00 per hour, plus 12% in lieu of benefits, vacation and public holidays. Interested applicants should apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition #19-171 EX by October 27, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application.
Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2