Clerk II: Marketing & Design
Town of Comox
COMOX COMMUNITY CENTRE
Clerk II: Marketing & Design
The Town of Comox is presently receiving applications for the Clerk II – Marketing & Design position. This Union (CUPE Local 556) position is full time at 28-hours per week with a current rate of pay of $28.32 per hour. The successful applicant will be required to work early morning, evening and weekend shifts in order to meet operational needs.
Reporting directly to the Recreation Director, the successful candidate is responsible for not only assisting in the marketing and promotion of the Community Centre’s programs and service through posters, seasonal recreation guide, media and online material, but also serving customers in person, by email and telephone. The Clerk II is responsible for answering customer inquiries regarding the facility, recreation programs, services and special events, as well as dealing with complaints and customer communication in a sensitive and professional manner.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs reception duties including telephone, e-mail and in person inquiries and complaints; makes referrals to appropriate parties; processes program registrations, fitness passes, memberships and drop-in user fees; and makes facility bookings/cancellations in order to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
- Assists recreation management Team in the promotion and marketing of recreation programs and services through desktop design, website maintenance, newspaper advertising, posters and other promotional materials.
- Present a positive and professional image to all guests and staff.
- Provides clerical support to staff including faxing, photocopying, program reports, class lists, notifying participants and staff of program cancellations or changes, managing inbound/outbound mail and preparing refund requests.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years direct office and customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years graphic design and marketing experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook. Minimum 2 years of experience with desktop publishing and graphic editing software. Experience with recreation management software preferred.
- Basic Level First Aid with CPR C/AED certification, is preferred.
Please email or drop off your Resume, Cover Letter as well as a copy of three (3) samples of your original Marketing and Advertising work. Samples may not be returned, so please ensure that it is a copy. Applications will be received until Monday, November 11, 2019 and should be directed to Ted Hagmeier, Recreation Director, Town of Comox Community Centre, 1855 Noel Avenue, Comox, BC V9M-2H4 or email email@example.com. Please note that a detailed job description is available on request.
We wish to thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.