Crime Analyst 1– RCMP Support Services
City of Surrey
Crime Analyst 1 - RCMP Support Services
Regular Full Time
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Crime Analyst 1 position specializes in work involving the application of research techniques to support criminal investigative activities, operational programs and crime reduction strategies.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Collect, assemble and review investigative and intelligence data from various sources to identify and monitor trends, patterns and persons of interest.
- Prepare tables, graphs, charts, presentation materials and other written documentation including but not limited to profile packaging, suspect lists, maps and narrative and statistical reports on crime trends and related public safety matters.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with members, staff and external agencies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and recommendations at briefings and other meetings.
- Completion of a university degree in a related discipline including coursework in applied research and statistics
- Two years of related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and intermediate Excel.
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires completion of an RCMP Top Secret Level Security Clearance. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Must successfully pass a National Test for Intelligence Analysts, administered by the RCMP Intelligence Standards and Program Development (ISPD) Section. Applicants who are currently working as a Crime Analysts for a policing detachment may be exempt from having to take the National Test for Intelligence Analysts.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca