Senior Program Manager
Local Government Management Association of BC
Senior Program Manager
The Local Government Management Association of British Columbia, located in Victoria, is an independent non-profit organization that has provided professional development and training for local government professionals across B.C. for 100 years. It’s incredibly rewarding to work with the professionals that support our communities and to lead and implement educational programs that ensure local government staff have the skills and competencies to deliver vital local programs and services.
Due to a retirement, we are looking for a dynamic leader with strong strategic and exceptional relationship-building skills to join our team! If you are motivated by a collegial environment, thrive on collaboration and enjoy working in a small, positive, team-oriented environment, then this is an opportunity for you! Hear from our members about what we do and how we impact their careers.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Program Manager position include:
- Planning, developing and designing educational and training program opportunities, session content, format and delivery methods;
- Sourcing, assessing, recruiting and supporting local government professionals from across the province to volunteer on advisory committees and to deliver or facilitate the Association’s training and educational programs;
- Overseeing and providing direction to LGMA staff, suppliers and volunteers to ensure effective and efficient program delivery and monitoring both financial and program outcomes to ensure high quality;
- Representing the LGMA at meetings and events, including attendance as the sole LGMA representative and developing positive relationships with all internal/external stakeholders;
- Developing and maintaining networks and relationships with members of other agencies core to the local government system support (e.g. UBCM, provincial ministries);
- Providing strategic and technical advice to the Executive Director and the Board;
- Participating in organizational strategic, financial, and resource planning;
- Contributing to longer-range planning and policy-making; and
- Forging strategic alliances with key partners and sponsors and expanding the LGMA volunteer network.
We are looking for a self-motivated leader with a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Public Administration, Adult Education or related training and five to seven years related experience with:
- Program/project planning, implementation and evaluation;
- Designing educational programs, particularly for adult learners;
- Identifying, recruiting and supporting volunteers who provide program advice and training;
- Managing budgets;
- Managing vendors, suppliers and contractors; and
- Technology inherent in the job including Office 365
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including benefits and flexible working hours. Join us to support and promote leadership excellence in local government throughout B.C.!
Resumes will be accepted until Wednesday, October 30 at 4 p.m. at email@example.com.
Please note that only those who are short-listed will be contacted. We anticipate interviews will take place the second week of November.