Clerk III - Recreation Front Desk Supervisor
Town of Comox
Clerk III - Recreation Front Desk SupervisorPermanent Full-Time Position
Comox Community Centre
The Town of Comox is presently receiving applications for the position of Clerk III. This is a permanent full-time Union (CUPE Local 556) position with a current rate of pay of $31.08 per hour.
Reporting directly to the Recreation Director, the successful candidate is responsible for the supervising and coordinating front office staff and business systems in a busy and engaging recreation centre. Duties include staff supervision and training; designing and implementing office procedures; preparing daily cash sheets and implementing and maintaining accounting and registration software procedures. The successful candidate must have exceptional customer service, supervisory skills and experience to lead a team of full and part time receptionist to deliver exceptional service to the public and an accountant’s eye for detail.
The successful candidate is also responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of company administration and customer service and performs a variety of departmental accounting functions.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of Grade 12 as well as a certified post-secondary Business Administration diploma or a combination of training and experience
- A good working knowledge of basic accounting procedures. Post secondary education in the field of accounting is preferred
- Minimum two years bookkeeping and supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years direct office experience
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience with recreation management software is preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, verbal or diagram form
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Current First Aid Level – Basic; CPR C and AED preferred
- Current Criminal Record clearance
A complete job description is available on request.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 11, 2019.