Project Manager – City Website Project
Project Manager – City Website ProjectCorporate Communications Division
Temporary Full Time (Exempt)
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Communications, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and roll out of the City’s new website with the assistance of a project team. This project brings forward an exciting opportunity to work with CivicPlus, the vendor of choice through our recent procurement process. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly-organized individual to join our team and ensure this critical corporate project is successfully delivered within established timelines and budget.
The Website Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the City’s website update project including vendor liaison, monitoring project deliverables, managing project tasks, leading ongoing stakeholder engagement, providing status updates, and coordinating risk analysis, training, testing and change management. As a key member of the Website Project team, the Project Manager will work closely with our Corporate Communications and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals, external contractors and staff from all departments to successfully deliver the updated website to the operations team.
Our preferred candidate will possess a high degree of political and business acumen to ensure project milestones are met and that the project delivery meets or exceeds organizational and industry standards.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field as well as either courses in project management, a PMP or similar designation. Also required is a minimum of 3 years of related experience in project management, business analysis, or experience working on increasingly complex projects. Experience managing corporate website projects, as well as working within a municipal ICT or Corporate Communications environment will be considered an asset. This position requires the successful incumbent to have a thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that impact municipalities.
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated success in planning, managing and implementing large scale, complex projects involving internal departments, external agencies and contractors
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects or demands within a project, including properly identifying and addressing stakeholder interests, budget constraints and competing organizational priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a natural ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, as well as an ability to negotiate, influence, and liaise effectively with contractors, consultants, and internal and external stakeholders
- Verified ability to provide timely, clear and concise project status reports, Council reports, business correspondence and presentations to senior leaders and project stakeholders
- Ability to effectively use appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to interpret emerging issues and anticipate appropriate solutions
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the City of Coquitlam, its vision, strategy, and priorities.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation. Please apply online by 5 p.m. October 18, 2019 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.