Programmer Analyst(Full Time)
If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative and wants to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer, this opportunity is for you! The Information Technology Department with the City of Chilliwack, a growing and vibrant community of 95,000 located 100 kilometres east of Vancouver, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Programmer Analyst.
As Programmer Analyst, your role is to develop and maintain web-based applications using development tools such as .NET and Coldfusion, Java script frameworks and libraries such as Angular.js, Node.js, bootstrap, jquery, and HTML and CSS, including responsive design techniques. You must also have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL. Being familiar with enterprise software such as Tempest Development applications, UNIT4 Business World ERP, CityWorks, and OpenText Document Management software would be an advantage. You will be required to study new innovations and techniques, keep informed of advances in technology and equipment, assist in business improvements and in the design of new systems, and possess a strong sense of curiosity.
You will also be dedicated to continuous learning and be adaptable to the rapidly changing IT landscape. You will also assist management to achieve an efficient operation of the Information Technology (IT) Department through the reliable performance of IT related functions, observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
- Must have a diploma in information systems or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institute plus a minimum of 4 years related experience;
- Must have good knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of municipal accounting operations;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in oral and written format and able to prepare technical and non-technical reports;
- Be able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public;
- Be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of staff;
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
You must be able to qualify for, and maintain, the required security clearance for the position. Failure on the part of the employee to satisfy this requirement will necessitate dismissal. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package for this unionized position, and a great work environment that prides itself on employee satisfaction. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and the hourly rate for this position is $37.09 to $43.64.
If you look forward to the challenge of providing expert knowledge, mentorship, training and implementation of business analysis and technology project management to the Information Technology department and the organization as a whole, apply at jobs.chilliwack.com and create your on-line profile.
Programmer Analyst (Full Time)
Competition Number: 2019-94
Closing Date: October 18 , 2019