Childminding RepresentativePosition Type: Auxiliary Part-Time (Monday & Wednesday evenings) 4-10 hrs per week
Department: Member Care
Application Closing Date: Posting will remain open until position has been filled
The Child Minding team at the Richmond Olympic Oval is vital in creating a positive environment for children ages 6 weeks to 11 years to learn, discover, and play while their parents enjoy a fitness class, a workout or a sport program in the facility. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to work 4 to 10 hours per week, with a specific availability on Monday mornings, and someone who enjoys creatively engaging children with games, books, toys and more. Our Child Minding team make this space somewhere all visitors can’t wait to come back to.
- Welcome all parents/guardians to the Child Minding Room
- Provide care and supervision to children in the Child Minding Room ages 6 weeks to 11 years, while parents are on-site for programs and services provided by the Oval
- Provide activities for children that engage, stimulate, and encourage activity with an ability to adapt and modify them to suit the needs of the child
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests of the Oval and Child Minding Room to create positive experiences and build relationships with parents
- To release children only to those that have been authorized by the child’s parent or guardian
- To maintain the confidentiality of all personal information related to the children and their family
- To understand the policies, procedures and standards of the Richmond Olympic Oval and to ensure they are adhered to as it relates to our Child-Minding Room by both staff, participants, and parents/guardians
- Ensure a safe and supportive environment with a thorough understanding of emergency policies and procedures as defined by the Oval
- Ensure a clean and organized environment that assists in the preservation of all amenities in the Child-Minding Room
- Maintain an inventory of supplies needed for the Child Minding Room
- Record visits/usage for report purposes at the end of each shift
- Provide parent/guardian with information about programs and services at the Richmond Olympic Oval including upcoming events, and seasonal classes and activities
- An outgoing, energetic, and friendly personality who enjoys working with and nurturing children through fundamental developmental ideologies such as Play
- Current First Aid Certificate required
- Previous experience working with children in a professional setting is required; preference will given to candidates that have experience working in child/day care, children's camps, or as a nanny.
- Early Childhood Education Level 1 or related child development courses are an asset
- Knowledge of songs, games, and activities that engage children
- Experience with and belief in the importance of customer service principles with an ability to resolve client concerns in a positive and constructive manner
- Proven track record of working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and standards established by the Richmond Olympic Oval
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check
- Must be available to work Monday Mornings
Compensation range: $15.31 to $17.42 plus 12% in lieu of benefits (hourly rate is based on qualifications and experience)
Perks: Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!