Member Care Consultant (Membership Retention, Sales & Promotions)
Member Care Consultant (Membership Retention, Sales & Promotions)
Position Type: Regular Full Time - ongoing
Department: Member Care
Direct Supervisor: Program Manager, Member Care
Application Closing Date: Thurs, October 17, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: November 2019
Number of positions available: 1
We are looking for a Member Care Consultant to join our amazing team!
The Richmond Olympic Oval is a breathtaking venue on the banks of the Fraser River. Located in the City of Richmond, a culturally diverse and geographically unique community centrally located on Canada's West Coast, in Metro Vancouver. The Richmond Olympic Oval is an international centre of excellence for sports, health and wellness, culture and entertainment used by members of our community and those seeking to wear the maple leaf on the international stage. Check out the below video clip to learn some more about us (we think you’ll love it!)
Still Interested? Read on to see if you have what it takes to be our next Oval Team member!
This Member Care Consultant position is responsible for delivering service excellence, creating innovative promotions and membership retention strategies while keeping a strong focus on: generating membership sales, resolving account maintenance issues, PerfectMind administration and tracking, membership benefits package planning and administration, compiling and analyzing departmental metrics, web writing and social media posts.
- Member services: Responsible for responding to member inquires in a solution-oriented manner, tracking member referrals, monitoring membership renewals, tracking sales and customer feedback from service calls.
- Member account maintenance: PerfectMind Administrator and issues tracking, resolving member account issues, (membership pass/rate adjustments, extensions, suspensions, etc.). Regularly audits membership database to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Membership sales and retention: Diminishes attrition by focusing on after sale care for all clients; data compilation and analysis, departmental performance reporting, implementing promotions, sales plans and special events designed to attract new members as well as retain current membership base.
- Marketing: Working in collaboration with Marketing to produce all collateral materials for promotions and awareness membership campaigns, updates website content, writes posts for social media, tracks and analyzes performance of all promotions. Coordinates communications and implementation strategy with Member Care Supervisor communications to ensure staff have proper education and knowledge.
- Member Care Team Development: Works in conjunction with the Member Care Supervisor to help develop staff training tools and resource materials.
- Policies and procedures: Improves internal procedures and policies through constructive evaluation of programs and services and providing input to the department’s Program Manager.
Examples of work:
- Listens to client concerns with empathy and acts appropriately with an empowered, customer-first mindset. Makes decisions in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and standards established by the Oval.
- Tracks sales of the team and ensures that they meet their targets. Also tracks new member sales, expiring members/renewals, promotion/special event metrics, and service calls.
- Audits daily memberships sold and checks for accuracy, adjusts rates when necessary, i.e. group discounts, age transfers.
- Investigates, reports, and tracks member account issues in PerfectMind. Administers troubleshooting and revisions for department PerfectMind functionality.
- Investigates, implements, and communicates procedures for PerfectMind and other administrative tasks within the policies of the Oval and capabilities of PerfectMind.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to create and implement new products and membership packages. Responsible for full-cycle service including structure development in PerfectMind, promoting packaging and marketing materials to all members.
- Creates monthly and quarterly membership reports. Provides Oval statistical data as needed, including residential reports, visitation data, and monitoring total active memberships.
- Collaborates with Program Manager to develop promotions and retention tactics designed to attract new members as well as diminish attrition rates.
- Collaborates, develops, and implements communications, training, and promotional details for Customer Service Reps. Works with the MC Supervisor to creates training documents for staff.
- Regularly performs a competitive market analysis of the Oval’s competitors.
- Develops membership appreciation events, promotions, and other membership engagement strategies, including serving as department representative on OVALcommunity and other committees. Attends promotional events and activations during a variety evenings, weekends, and holidays throughout the year.
- Updates department’s web pages, creates and publishes posts for social media, creates collateral material to support promotions.
- Minimum post-secondary diploma/degree in Business Administration, Public Relations/Marketing, Health Promotions, Event Planning or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably in a Sport, Fitness or Recreation environment that is membership driven. Natural affinity for the sales process from lead generation to closing the sale; ability to realize and or exceed sales targets.
- Minimum of 2 years event planning experience; in conjunction with the Program Manager, coordinate all aspects of department’s promotions and events meeting strict deadlines and budget demands.
- Experience in WordPress/HTML web-based applications.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in database and facility registration software; working knowledge of PerfectMind an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to write effective messages for multiple communication mediums (website, social media, posters, flat sheets etc.)
- Must demonstrate competence in networking, target marketing to specific audiences and have advanced selling skills.
- Motivated and self-directed sales professional that can operate within organizations policies and procedures.
- Fluent in English (required), ability to speak and/or type Mandarin/Cantonese is an asset.
- Strong business work ethic, positive attitude and professional demeanor required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak effectively and with ease to various business and community groups.
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
$44,051 to $55,064 (salary is based on qualifications and experience)
Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation. We offer meaningful benefits that make a difference for you and your family:
- Access to 20, 000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan
- Health spending account
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development
Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work.
Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!