The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2019285
$34.99 to $41.31 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Licence Inspector to join our Business Licencing team. This position includes technical, regulatory, enforcement and administrative functions involving the inspection of various premises and businesses within the City of Richmond to ensure compliance of the City’s Business Licence, Business Regulation, Vehicle For Hire, Sign and Commercial Vehicle Licensing Bylaws and Regulations.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Sound Knowledge of the City of Richmond bylaws and regulations (in particular, the Business Licence Bylaw, the Business Regulation Bylaw, the Vehicle For Hire Bylaw.
- Sound knowledge of policies and procedures governing the work.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with the public and other staff members.
- Ability to perform under pressure and deal with contentious and challenging situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, sound judgement, and impartiality.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical and specialized information, such as bylaws and regulations, in a friendly and simple manner to both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to assess situations to avoid potential conflicts while ensuring that bylaws and regulations are communicated and upheld.
- Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated skill in performing and facilitating investigations.
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
Graduation from Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by job related coursework such as bylaw enforcement, inspections, conflict resolution and/or investigations equivalent to a (1) one year post-secondary program. A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of job related work experience is required. An equivalent combination of related training, education, and experience may be considered.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.