Sign/Business Licence Inspector
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Sign/Business Licence Inspector
Job ID: 2019284
$34.99 to $41.31 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Sign/Business Licence Inspector to join our Business Licencing team. This is a public relations position that includes technical, regulatory, and enforcement work involving the inspection of various premises and businesses within the City of Richmond, and is responsible for promoting community harmony with new and existing businesses.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Sound knowledge of City of Richmond bylaws and regulations (in particular, the Sign Bylaw and Business Licence-related bylaws).
- Sound knowledge of policies and procedures governing the work.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with the public and other staff members.
- Ability to perform under pressure and deal with contentious and challenging situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, sound judgement, and impartiality.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical and specialized information, such as bylaws and regulations, in a friendly and simple manner to both internal and external contacts.
- Ability to assess situations to avoid potential conflicts while ensuring that bylaws and regulations are communicated and upheld.
- Demonstrated skill in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated skill in performing and facilitating investigations.
- Fluency in Chinese languages (Mandarin and Cantonese) is required for this position.
Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by job-related coursework such as bylaw enforcement, inspections, conflict resolution, and/or investigations equivalent to a minimum of a one year post-secondary program, preferably inclusive of the investigational skills course completed at the Justice Institute of BC. Five (5) years of related work experience is required. Experience involving public contact in a Municipal environment is preferred. An equivalent combination of job-related education and work experience may be considered.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.