Accounts Payable & Finance Clerk
Accounts Payable & Finance ClerkThe Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ requires an Accounts Payable & Finance Clerk who reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Accounts Payable & Finance Clerk is primarily responsible for processing accounts payables, verifying and reconciling invoices, and responsible for the efficient and accurate operation and payments by the Accounts Payable functions for the Community Government of BehchokQ . This position will also provide coverage and training for other accounting clerks in the Finance Department.
- Accounting Degree or Diploma and/or the completion of accounting program with related accounting experience;
- A minimum of 2 years successful experience as an Accounting Clerk.
- Knowledge of accounting practices related to accounts payable, purchase orders, preparation of payables, printing cheques, coordinate direct deposits, complete internal electronic and physical filing, bank reconciliations, etc.;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and rules;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills including the ability to use common office software, e.g. Excel, Word Processing, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs;
- Fluency in both English and Tl1, chQ language would be an asset;
- Must be bondable and submit to a Criminal Record Check as a prerequisite.
Further details may be obtained by calling Sapan Seth, Chief Financial Officer at (867)392-6500 ext. 2308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a complete resume, cover letter, & references on or before 5:00 pm, October 25, 2019 to the following address:
Community Government of Behchoko,
ATTN: Sapan Seth, CFO
P.O. Box 68
BehchokQ , NT
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this competition.