City of Port AlberniEmployment Opportunity - City of Port Alberni
The City of Port Alberni is a vibrant community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
We are currently looking for a Utilities Superintendent to join a progressive and dynamic organization that provides a full range of programs and services to taxpayers. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Engineering and Public Works.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient management and oversight of the utilities operations at Public Works. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervising, directly and through subordinates, the work of crews engaged in the maintenance and repair of water supply and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and related capital projects.
- Planning, coordinating priorities and setting timelines
- Preparing and managing operational budgets
- Ensuring that all safety regulations and precautions are observed and enforced
- Working closely with other departments, contractors, stakeholders and residents
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a related field as well as 10 years’ experience in municipal works with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in crew supervision. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Cross Connection Control Administration Certificate
- Chlorine Handling certification
- EOCP Certifications in Water Distribution, Water Treatment, Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment (Level III preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant municipal policies, bylaws, provincial and federal regulations
- Thorough knowledge of occupational health and safety standards and practises
- Demonstrated ability working in various computer applications
- Ability to exercise independent judgement while working toward departmental objectives
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia
This is an exempt position. A competitive salary is offered in addition to a comprehensive benefit package. Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm on October 25th, 2019:
Attention: Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources
By mail: City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.