Chief Administrative Officer
Professional Opportunity – CAO
To effectively manage its strong vision for its exciting future, Council is seeking a dynamic individual who is a highly talented self-starter and seasoned professional to be its Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
Reporting to Mayor Bruce McLeod and Council, the CAO will provide strategic leadership to the municipal team and is responsible for directing all administrative functions of the municipality including the management of operating and capital budgets, the establishment of sound communication processes both internal and external to the organization, the development and maintenance of a safe and empowering work environment for the staff, and the fostering of positive relationships with the public and its regional partners.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience as a CAO or Senior Manager in a municipal government environment or in a Senior Management position in a non-governmental organization along with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or certified, or in the process of completing certification in local government management.
- Proven ability to create and lead a participative, productive and positive environment with a cohesive team that promotes and sustains workplace excellence.
- A strong commitment towards the development and delivery of high quality customer service.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with the public, to work collaboratively with Council and staff, and to build partnerships within the Village and surrounding municipalities while effectively representing the interests of the community.
- The capability to provide overall leadership for the development of a strategic vision that can both attract and retain businesses and residents.
- A strong working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and the political landscape in Alberta.
- Sound knowledge of municipal finances with proven budget planning and development experience.
- Experience or knowledge of Public Works.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that will be commensurate with their experience coupled with a comprehensive benefit package.
If you would like to pursue this challenging opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume plus three (3) professional references and your salary expectations to:
Village of ACME CAO Search
80 Edgeridge Park NW Calgary, AB T3A 6A9
Attention: Gary Sawatzky, Associate
The Ravenhill Group Inc.
Confidential enquiries are to be directed to Mr. Gary Sawatzky at email@example.com or Toll free 1-888-447-5910 Ext 710 or please visit: www.ravenhillgroup.com
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found