Water Sewer Maintenance Person
Water Sewer Maintenance PersonFull Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Our Engineering and Public Works Department is currently seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, service oriented individual to join the Public Works team as a full time permanent Water Sewer Maintenance Person. This is skilled work involving the inspection, maintenance and repair of pumps, motors and related mechanical equipment, including pressure reducing valves in the City’s water and sewer system.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have the ability to build positive working relationships;
- You exude positive energy and believe that anything is possible;
- You are self-aware, aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself;
- You are able to identify pump and motor problems, plan and execute minor repairs and maintain units operating in an economical and efficient manner;
- You have an Environmental Operator Certification in Water Distribution II and Wastewater Collection II accredited through the Environmental Operator Certification Program (EOCP);
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the water/wastewater environment; and
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s License.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The rate of pay is $36.19 per hour and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-104e by October 4, 2019.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check