Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial AnalystAbout the Opportunity:
Are you passionate about budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and customer service? BC Assessment’s Financial Planning & Analysis team is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team for a 12 month contract or secondment (with a possibility of extension). If you enjoy collaborating with others, and using your superior communication and analytical skills to provide financial insights that drive good business decisions, this opportunity is for you!
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you are the key person influencing decisions for business leaders through financial data and insights. You will serve as the main point of contact to provide findings and recommendations to our senior leadership team and Executive. Reporting to the Manager Financial Planning & Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst will work as a business partner, and is required to build strong relationships at different levels within the organization and across all areas, and support effective decision making with the appropriate financial analysis and guidance regarding the management and utilization of corporate resources and financial issues management.
During this contract, you will have the opportunity to apply your expertise in the following areas:
- Developing and coordinating the annual corporate budget, multi-year financial plans and related updates (both operating and capital), including the development of user friendly templates, tools, and instructions.
- Conducting variance analysis (monthly, quarterly and annually) between actual, budget and forecast numbers for the organization as a whole and for divisions and discuss the implication and impact on the business. This includes compiling and formatting divisional data and facilitating divisional and corporate review meetings with budget managers and Senior Leadership.
- Performing monthly financial & operational reporting with strong communication, attention to detail, and ad hoc analysis as required.
- Leading financial management and monitoring of BC Assessment’s $100 million operating budget, including provide consulting services and guidance to budget managers and staff in other departments in regards to planning, developing, managing, analyzing and verifying financial data.
- Preparing complex and comprehensive financial analyses, reports, discussion papers, briefing notes and presentations on budgeting and financial management issues for the organization’s Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Preparing updated projections to the Treasury Board (both operating and capital) of the organization.
For complete details on this opportunity, please visit our job posting online at https://bcassessmentcareers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/700
This position is included in the bargaining unit.
Competition Closes: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 11:59 pm
- A recognized accounting designation (e.g. CPA).
- An undergraduate degree in business, management or administration.
Skills & Experience
- Five (5) years directly-related experience with increasing levels of financial/supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a mid-to large sized organization.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical tools and visual presentation of information.
- Superior Microsoft Excels skills, including the ability to create user friendly templates and tools with instructions to support them.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the context, complexity, dynamics, key issues and drivers of the business.
- Strong business analytics with the ability to analyze and interpret financial and non-financial data to provide insight.
- Demonstrated business decision-making and problem solving skills – understanding how information impacts the business, and using this understanding to advise decision makers.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial management.
Note: An equivalent combination of education an d experience will be considered.