Manager of Operational Services
City of Powell River
Manager of Operational Services
An excellent opportunity exists for a Manager of Operational Services to join our dynamic and committed team, providing all elements of the Operational Services function for the City.
Located on the Upper Sunshine Coast (www.powellriver.info), a 30 minute flight from Vancouver, the City of Powell River is a vibrant progressive community of approximately 13,000 with access to Vancouver, Vancouver Island and the Sechelt Peninsula. Powell River, located within the traditional territory of the Tla’amin Nation, enjoys a moderate climate and an extensive variety of year-round recreational activities and festivals. An ocean waterfront community on the doorstep of Desolation Sound and surrounded by lakes, Powell River has much to offer the recreational boater, fishing enthusiast and diver as well as providing unlimited back-country adventures. Our school system includes options for youth and adult education including a satellite campus of Vancouver Island University. Other community assets include a multi-purpose recreation complex, golf course, airport, hospital, and extended care facilities.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Infrastructure and provide high level department administration.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and cost-effective operation, maintenance and construction of the City’s water, sanitary, storm, road, buildings, equipment, harbor, airport, transit and other infrastructure systems.
- Ensures that the Airport is compliant with all Transport Canada and other applicable regulations
- Manages the Powell River Harbours and ensures that the Harbours are compliant with all Fisheries and Oceans Small Craft Harbours and other applicable regulations.
- Manages the Powell River Transit System and ensures the Transit System is compliant with all B.C. Transit and other applicable regulations.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public works or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Supervisory role.
- Certification under Project Management and Local Government is an asset
- Emergency management operations courses/experience is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of municipal engineering, including water, sewer, roads and drainage services.
- Airport Vehicle Operations Permit (A.V.O.P.) and a Restricted Radio Operator’s License (Must be able to obtain after hire)
- Must maintain a valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license.
In addition to a superb location and a progressive working environment, this exempt position offers a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To see a full job posting and to apply, go to the City’s website at www.powellriver.ca. Select ‘I Want To’, and then ‘Apply for Employment with the City’. All applications must be submitted on-line. The closing date for accepting applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 11, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. The City of Powell River is an Equal Opportunity employer.