If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative and wants to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer, this opportunity is for you! The Chilliwack RCMP Detachment with the City of Chilliwack, a growing and vibrant community of 95,000 located 100 kilometres east of Vancouver, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Crime Analyst.
As Crime Analyst, your role will be to achieve an efficient operation within the Upper Fraser Valley Regional Detachment by providing reliable performance in all crime analysis work associated with the Crime Analyst position. Also, observes the sensitivity of the position and complies with all acceptable security practices, RCMP and municipal policies and procedures. This position will support the Upper Fraser Valley Regional Detachment office and its principle clients regarding the delivery of intelligence analysis services.
You will also be required to perform specialized research work involving the application of moderately advanced research and analytical techniques to support criminal investigative activities. The incumbent will be required to collect, evaluate, analyze and interpret a wide variety of investigative and intelligence data and information. The incumbent will perform duties such as monitoring and identifying crime patterns, trends and other factors; participating and providing analytical support in the development of projects and programs; preparing reports and recommendations based upon analysis; and establishing and maintaining liaison with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Must have a University degree from an accredited College or University with major course work in Criminology, Administration of justice, Behavioral science or related field, and with course work in statistical analysis;
- Must have successfully passed the RCMP National Test for Intelligence Analysts
- Ability to perform detailed research and analytical tasks; to interpret statistical and narrative data and prepare forecasts, projections and reports;
- Must have sound knowledge of the Criminal Justice system and its components as related to the work performed;
- Considerable knowledge of research, statistical and analytical principles, practices, procedures, methods and techniques;
- Considerable knowledge of the RCMP organization and functions of various internal sections, and of the regulations, policies and practices governing the work performed;
You must be able to qualify for, and maintain, the required security clearance for the position. Failure on the part of the employee to satisfy this requirement will necessitate dismissal. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package for this unionized position, and a great work environment that prides itself on employee satisfaction. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and the hourly rate for this position is $37.09 to $43.64.
If you look forward to the challenge of providing expert knowledge, mentorship, training and implementation of business analysis and technology project management to the Information Technology department and the organization as a whole, apply at jobs.chilliwack.com and create your on-line profile.
Crime Analyst (Full Time)
Competition Number: 2019-89
Closing Date: September 25, 2019