Recreation Instructors – Aquatic Fitness Instructors
Recreation Instructors – Aquatic Fitness InstructorsCasual (On-Call)
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and stateof-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam is seeking enthusiastic, personable, energetic and outgoing fitness professionals to complement our Aquatic Fitness team. These casual positions are responsible for the planning and execution of aquatic based fitness classes at any one of our recreation facilities. We are looking to bring on a wide range of instructors to join our team including, however, not limited to ShallowFit, DeepFit, GentleFit, Aqua Zumba, Water Running.
- Candidates are required to be available to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Current BCRPA Fitness Certification (or equivalent certification approved by the City of Coquitlam)
- Current CPR-C/AED certification
- Specialty module certifications/licenses are required for some program offerings (Zumba, etc.)
Shortlisted applicants will be required to:
- Attend a skill screening and interview
- Complete a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
- Provide work-related references
The rates of pay for these positions vary, depending on qualification. The range of pay is $25.00 - $29.00 per hour.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit an application to www.coquitlam.ca/jobs by 5:00 pm on September 30th. Employment packages should include a resume, any required/relevant fitness certifications, and a photo copy of a current CPR-C certification (or equivalent).
Ongoing casual opportunities are shortlisted and filled on an as-needed basis only.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted