The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
September 5 - 22, 2019
The City of Port Moody is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide research and project support to the Community Services Department. This part-time position will work directly with the General Manager of Community Services to provide background research, analysis and report preparation in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, arts, culture, recreation, facilities, and emergency support services. This position will also provide general administrative support.
- Conduct research as directed on various topics
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources
- Assemble and summarize research and present information in a clear and succinct manner
- Support the preparation of charts and figures to represent information and data
- Assist with the preparation of staff reports and other internal reports, with direction
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets, project records, and related tracking systems
- Liaise with and provide information to a variety of internal and external contacts
- Provide administrative support to the Emergency Support Services program
- Support grant application preparation and administration of the grant when funded
- Provide project meeting support and coordination including recording notes
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please apply online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of the third year of a Bachelor's degree program in Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related academic discipline that requires research, tabulation, and writing reports
- Minimum one year of related experience, demonstrating strong research, analytical, record keeping and report writing skills
- Experience with MS Office programs
- Experience working with teams and the public as well as ability to work independently
- Municipal experience is an asset
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.