Maintenance PlannerRequisition ID: 13947
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Manager of Facilities Sustainment in Real Estate and Facilities Management, the Maintenance Planner oversees and maintains the planned maintenance program for all City buildings and building systems. In consultation with building maintenance supervisors and staff, the Maintenance Planner coordinates, controls and reviews the program, and analyzes and recommends changes to scheduled maintenance standards and reporting procedures.
The Maintenance Planner exercises independent judgement around day-to-day operations and refers major operational, equipment or performance problems along with recommendations to technical specialists and managers within the organization.
This position will be based out of Evans Works Yard. The successful candidate may be required to change locations as operational required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and inputs maintenance schedules for new and existing equipment
- Recommends maintenance standards, procedures, and schedules for equipment based on regulatory requirements, industry best practices and/or other standards or criteria
- Reviews and recommends changes to the maintenance standards, inspection and reporting procedures, in consultation with supervisors and staff, as required in response to operational experience and requirements
- Maintains the accurateness and integrity of the data within the computerized planned maintenance system by inputting and updating equipment specifications as required
- Conducts site visits and analyzes the data set to identify gaps in equipment inventory and rectified gaps where identified
- Distributes technical bulletins outlining new or revised maintenance procedures and ensures their implementation in the field
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- Creates and tracks progress on planned maintenance work orders
- Generates and interprets statistical data and reports on equipment performance and maintenance/safety inspection activities
- Analyzes anomalies and recommends and implements corrective actions
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a BC Certificate of Qualification in related technical training in a building trade.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Considerable experience with a computerized planned maintenance system or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of DDC building automation systems, the standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in building and system maintenance, combined with considerable knowledge of the applicable regulations governing the operation and maintenance of equipment, health and safety standards, and working knowledge of record-keeping in a modern computerized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform site inspections, read equipment specifications and blueprints, maintains and analyzes a computerized scheduled maintenance database, coordinate maintenance related work, make appropriate recommendations and prepare relevant reports.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detailed maintenance reports, exercise sound judgement and establish effective working relationships with staff, management, and contractors.
Driver License and Record Checks
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory driving record
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-022: $33.6 to $39.56 per hour
Application Close: September 22, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.