Clerk Development Services
Competition No. 19-31E
Clerk Development Services(Temporary, Part-Time)
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The RDOS is currently recruiting for a temporary, part-time Clerk to join our Development Services team. Reporting to the General Manager of Development Services and working primarily in the Okanagan Falls RDOS Office, this position will be responsible for performing a variety of customer service and routine administrative functions in support of the operations, services, programs and activities related to the department’s economic development projects in participating Electoral Areas. This position will include working with document management systems, and all elements of initial-contact customer service for the Development Services department; including responding to email, phone and in-person inquiries.
- Secondary school graduation in addition to an administrative/secretarial training at a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Local government experience is an asset.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience and knowledge of general office procedures.
- Experience providing excellent service to the public, Elected Officials and other staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadlines pressures.
- Ability to compose and type routine correspondence and proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Understanding of government records management and electronic data management systems is an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
This temporary, part-time position (proposed to continue through the 2020 budget process) is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $27.85, Paygrade 3, plus 14.5% in lieu of benefits and pension.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit applications in PDF format quoting Competition No. 19-31E by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Fax: 250- 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.