Electrical Inspector 1
Electrical Inspector 1
$39.39 - $46.54 per hour
September 15, 2019
Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities, but it’s also one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talents to our organization to build our future, your career and your family in one of the most incredible natural settings in BC. Your skills and talents are the essential element in helping our organization meet the challenges and opportunities of our community. This is a place where you can make a difference, serve your community with pride and professionalism and work with our elected representatives to turn their vision for our community into action. Are you ready to choose your own adventure?
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We have an auxiliary opportunity for an Electrical Inspector 1 in our Building Department. This is technical inspection and regulatory work involving the inspection of electrical systems, repairs and alterations to ensure compliance with applicable codes, bylaws, regulations, acts and municipal standards. In addition, you will responsible in checking plans and specifications and provide technical information and assistance to homeowners, contractors, engineers and other municipal staff.
A little bit about you:
- Have thorough knowledge of construction practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in electrical system installations. Knowledge of bylaws, acts, codes, standards and regulations related to electrical construction works;
- The ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and related material, recognize technical requirements and suggest changes and corrections as required. The ability to deal effectively with owners, contractors, tradesmen, engineers, architects and others and to enforce all regulations, bylaws and ordinances tactfully and firmly;
- Recognize faulty or sub-standard electrical installations and suggest corrections or changes required;
- Experience in dealing with electrical power diversions and related electrical safety regulations and municipal bylaws or initiatives;
- Ability to prepare and present evidence in Court;
- You will have completed Grade 12 and an apprenticeship in the electrical trade. In addition, you will have several years’ of experience as a Journeyman Electrician or electrical contractor.
Licenses, Certificates and Registrations
- B.C. Safety Authority Certified Electrical Safety Officer status
- Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of British Columbia
- Eligible to be designated by the BC Safety Authority as an Electrical safety Officer
- Journeyman’s Class ‘A’ T.Q in Electrical
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.