Arts & Culture Program Coordinator
Arts & Culture Program CoordinatorRegular Full Time
Parks, Recreation and Culture Services
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in B.C. with home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through development of our green spaces, arts & culture, urban design and state-of-the art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City Parks Recreation & Culture Department is seeking an Arts & Culture Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals who is passionate about developing arts & culture programming for community events. The Division is responsible for producing major City signature evens, including the Kaleidoscope Arts Festival, the Summer Concert Series, Coquitlam Celebrates Canada and Lights at Lafarge winter event. In addition to special event programming, the incumbent will assist with other cultural initiatives in support of the City’s Arts, Culture & Heritage Strategic Plan.
The Arts & Culture Program Coordinator:
- Collaborates with Culture Services staff in developing, planning and coordinating entertainment, cultural activities and fine performing arts programming for City events;
- Assists with the management of the City’s public art program/heritage collection; develops project timelines and budgets; works with artist selection panels and community stakeholders; documents, registers and coordinates maintenance of the City’s public art collection;
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of full-time and auxiliary staff engaged in program activities and events; and
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of organizations, groups, artists, entertainers and members of the public.
The successful candidate will bring the following requirements:
- Considerable knowledge of planning, developing, scheduling, coordinating and facilitating the implementation of fine and performing arts, culture, festival and public programming services, which meet the needs and interest of the community.
- Considerable knowledge of the current and emerging trends in the cultural sector including entertainment and performance arts programming, creative space making and public festivals and events.
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of full-time and auxiliary staff and participate in the hiring and training of same.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to develop community interest and involvement in the programs offered.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Completion of a post-secondary program or courses in fine and performing arts, arts and culture programming or event management, plus sound related experience in community arts and culture services, programming and events; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia.
A CUPE hourly rate of $30.98 to $36.45 is being offered, along with a competitive benefits package and an earned day off program.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Policy Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check. Please apply online by 5 p.m. September 19, 2019 at www.coquitlam.ca/jobs. Please attach a recent driver’s abstract (within 30 days) with your application.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.