Capital Planning Officer
BC Public Service
Ministry of Education
Capital Planning Officer
$69,900.80 - $79,791.25 annually
There are 3 permanent positions available and 2 temporary opportunities until December 31, 2019 and March 15, 2020.
It's your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
As the Capital Planning Officer, you will be the first point of contact for school district management staff for projects relating to capital funds. Part of this work is also analyzing business cases and preparing reports for funding approval of projects such as new schools, additions, roof replacements and building envelope repairs.
We approve funding and provide oversight of major capital programs and projects. As such, being able to build effective and strategic relationships is key as we are the liaisons for our stakeholders and their facility needs. We work together with school districts to get their capital project funding approved and to provide oversight on the project process. You will need to be a multi-tasking pro who is able to track multiple reports at once and report back on budgeting issues. You will always also need to be a thorough and clear communicator.
This position can be expected to travel periodically to meet business needs with pier diems and travel expenses covered.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree or diploma in planning, architecture, civil or structural engineering, or any related field; an equivalent combination of education and recent and related experience may be considered. *Recent and related experience should be within the last 5 years.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing and contributing to project teams.
- Basic experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Minimum 1 year experience developing and preparing recommendations, project plans and/or reports for executive.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience reviewing business cases and project proposals for capital projects.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience working on public sector capital projects.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience analyzing architectural/construction drawings.
For more information and to apply online by September 25, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/63935
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.