Regular Full Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a
diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is seeking an energetic individual to join our Finance Department as a Business Analyst. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning and Systems, the incumbent will focus on the business applications and processes that support the City’s financial operations. This will include analyzing, identifying and implementing improvements to systems and processes; supporting the Finance Department with new financial and business operating systems implementation, testing and upgrades. The incumbent also assists other departments with use of the City systems as needed and provides support for the business, financial and audit functions of the City.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we would like to meet you!
- You love solving puzzles and discovering how things work;
- You don’t settle for “good enough”, you relish in being able to exceed expectations;
- You have a passion for people and are skilled at building positive working relationships at all levels of an organization;
- You are a strong communicator that can present technical information to a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums;
- You are organized and manage your time effectively by prioritizing your work;
- As a technology wizard you navigate new software with ease and make magic with data extraction, transformation and analysis;
- You believe in the importance of continuous learning;
- You exercise a high degree of initiative, independent judgment and action; and
- You have considerable knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures, financial systems, and accounting operations.
The successful candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration;
- A recognized professional accounting designation; and
- Certification and training in business analysis, and/or change management, and/or project management and/or quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform; and
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
The terms and conditions of employment for this full time position are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2019 annual salary for this position starts at $71K based on a 35 hour work week and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-082e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.