Utility Operator 1 - Pumps and Controls (Trades Improver 1 EOCP)
City of Surrey
Utility Operator 1 - Pumps and Controls
(Trades Improver 1 EOCP)
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless, and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
Reporting to the Pumps & Controls Manager, the Utility Operator 1 (Trades Improver 1 EOCP) positions involve manual and skilled tasks involving considerable physical effort in performing a variety of civil, construction, operation and maintenance activities related to drainage, sanitary, water pump stations and PRVs.
- Inspects, operates and perform maintain on PRVs, drainage pumps stations, sanitary pump stations and water pump stations safely using best practices, governmental regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor and use the SCADA system data to assist with maintaining and troubleshooting pump station issues.
- Attends to SCADA calls and perform preliminary work to resolve problems and issues.
- Maintains records, log books and activity sheets, as required.
- Works with map books and construction drawings.
- Inspects and maintains drainage, sanitary and water monitor stations.
- Cleans and secures work area by shoveling and sweeping.
- Deals with various chemicals relating to sanitary and water systems.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools.
- Responds to trouble calls and inquiries from the public.
- Assists crew members in performing their duties.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Applicants under considerations will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Experience and training in engineering operations and maintenance.
- Valid B.C. Driver's License with safe driving record as per the City’s policy.
- Water Distribution EOCP Level 1 certification in good standing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understands and effectively carries out oral and written instructions.
- Exercises independence of judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position.
- Understand figures and numbers, reads construction drawings and maps of pump stations, underground services, utilities, etc.
- Maintains records. Knowledge of methods, techniques, hand/power tools, and equipment used in Operations construction and maintenance.
- Knowledge of drainage, sanitary and water pump station operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Surrey’s SCADA system.
- Knowledge of Surrey's road system .
- Knowledge of Surrey's policies, procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of current safety, sanitary, water and environmental Regulations.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This posting will close on October 1, 2019
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca