Engineering Technician 3
Engineering Technician 3Salt Spring Island Administration
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$39.53 - $44.82 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on September 23, 2019
This position resides on Salt Spring Island
The Engineering Technician 3 provides technical expertise specific to SSI projects and initiatives, which focus on water, wastewater, and transportation initiatives. This position provides project management, coordination as well as research, design and drafting work related these projects. The Engineering Technician works in collaboration with the Manager, Engineering and CRD staff to ensure project compliance and outcomes.
This position must reside on Salt Spring Island. Salt Spring Island is a beautiful rural community, with a population of about 10,000 residents, a number of distinct neighborhoods and village centres, picturesque forested and pastoral landscapes, and a stunning coastline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs project management coordination, including the preparation of project plans, monitoring project schedules, budgets, and technical aspects for compliance, working towards ensuring project outcomes are achieved.
- Monitors the execution of standard capital projects, under the direction of the Manager, Engineering.
- Monitors scope, schedule and budget of standard capital projects and provides status report updates, as required.
- Performs related work such as design, as-constructed information,.
- Reviews designs, as required, to assist in the delivery of projects and may be required to follow up as appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of draft staff reports for standard capital projects.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of contracts and may provide contract oversight including guidance and direction to contractors and consultants.
- Works in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with external stakeholders, volunteers, including providing support and facilitation with public consultation and engagement processes.
- Prepares and presents information to CRD staff, committees and commissions, as well as community associations.
- Performs arithmetic calculations required in preparing drawings, plans and maps; prepares graphs, charts, sketches, schedules and diagrams, as required.Prepares design drawings using computer aided design software, and other techniques, as required.
- Inspects construction projects for accuracy and compliance with specifications, as required.
- Prepares contract documents in accordance with CRD polices.
- Performs construction administration duties including preparation of change orders and review of progress draws.
- Prepares and maintains records, files and other material related to the work performed.
- Provides guidance and direction to technical and operational staff, as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and minimum six years of directly related, progressively responsible experience, including experience directly related to project oversite and project management.
- Registration with the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians of British Columbia.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.