The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Planner 3 (Re-Post)
Job ID: 2019230
$53.02 to $62.82 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Planner 3 to join our Policy Planning department. Reporting to the Manager, Policy Planning, the Planner 3 position is responsible for decisions and actions that contribute to the livability of the City.
Examples of key work activities include:
- Lead reviews and updates of the 2041 Official Community Plan (OCP), Area Plans and implementation programs.
- Write and prepare OCP and Area Plan policies, zoning bylaws and their amendments.
- Prepare and implement effective and innovative community planning policies (e.g. growth, land use, social, economic, sustainability, park, environmental, transportation, housing, and infrastructure).
- Ensure that community plans and policies are financially and economically sound (e.g. Local Government Act mechanisms including density bonusing, development cost charges, developer contributions, latecomer agreements).
- Prepare and administer complex planning and consultant work programs.
- Ability to process complex development applications (e.g. high rise mixed use rezonings and Development Permits).
- Support City and community advisory committees.
- Represent the City and department at Council, developer, stakeholder and community meetings.
Position Requirements: A Master's Degree in Community Planning supplemented by a minimum of 8 years of professional planning experience, which will include:
- Managing and implementing progressively more complex community plans, policies, studies and work programs.
- Co-ordinating a wide range of City, community and developers interests to achieve consensus.
- Ensuring that proposals reflect Council priorities, and are financially and economically viable.
- Experience in a municipal setting is preferred.
The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada,” please submit your application by following the instructions below: The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). We are accepting applications until September 25, 2019 at 11:59pm.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.