Land Development Technician
Land Development TechnicianFull Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Development Services Department is looking for a seasoned professional for the role of Land Development Technician to provide assistance in the administration and control of subdivision, private development and contract operations.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Check and process land development, subdivision and / or consolidation application plans, residential, industrial and commercial building permits, utility company and other specific plans to ensure conformance with and adherence to requirements, standards and criteria, and impact on municipal services;
- Assess the effect of proposed development on existing services, prepare cost estimates and required fees, deposits and securities for construction of subdivisions and municipal services; processes and prepares various permits;
- Reviews design drawings from utility companies to ensure that there are no conflicts with other utilities; and
- Inspects work performed by private contractors and utility companies on engineering construction, maintenance and repair projects for roads, curbs, sidewalks, sewers, waterworks and other services and facilities to ensure conformance with and adherence to plans, controls, requirements, specifications, contracts, standards and related requirements.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Graduated from an institute of technology with a diploma in civil and structural engineering technology;
- Three years of design office experience in municipal engineering in areas such as land development, environmental, traffic, sewer, waterworks engineering;
- Sound customer service ability;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia;
- Registered member of the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians of BC; and
- Certified Public Works Inspector Level 1 (would be an asset).
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about our community;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The terms and conditions of employment for this full time position are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2019 annual salary for this position starts at $64K with the top step at just over $74K and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Friday, August 30, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-109e. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.