Court Liaison - RCMP
Court Liaison - RCMP
The City of Penticton's RCMP Detachment is in search of highly organized and energetic individuals for the full-time position of Court Liaison. The mission of the Penticton RCMP is to serve and protect the community, and work in partnership with the community to deliver a responsive and progressive police service. The RCMP promote respect for rights and freedoms, the law and democratic traditions, and treat all people equally and with respect in accordance with the RCMP's core values.
Reporting to the RCMP Operations Manager, the Court Liaison completes reports to Crown Counsel and Court Disposition.
- RTCC JUSTIN uploads.
- Court Disposition.
- Provincial and Federal Crown Communication Liaison.
- Completes information swearing before Justice of the Peace.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by RCMP operational courses, ten years' police experience and a minimum of five years of operational experience in police investigation work and in court procedures, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and highly developed and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, fellow employees, other agencies and the general public.
- Necessary knowledge of investigational procedures and evidentiary requirements to prove a charge and of the criminal justice system and court procedures.
- Necessary knowledge of computer applications and of RCMP national data systems, including but not limited to PRIME, UCR, CPIC, CJIM and the JUSTIN court system.
- Necessary knowledge of police operation policies and procedures; Criminal Code of Canada, applicable Federal and Provincial statutes and of Municipal by-laws.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence with safe driving record.
- Have and maintain relevant level of R.C.M.P. Security Clearance.
- Must have the ability to be designated a Special Constable status under the British Columbia Police Act.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by August 29, 2019.
Position type: Full-time Permanent (35 hours per week)
Wage: $25.76 - $28.62 per hour (Pay Grade 6, CUPE)
Benefits: Attractive benefits, vacation and pension package