Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for qualified, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our casual clerical pool providing clerical support to a variety of City Departments.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you then we would encourage you to apply:
- Excellent clerical and administrative skills;
- A positive attitude about the work you perform;
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Completed Grade 12;
- Post-secondary courses in Business Communications or Business Report Writing;
- 2+ years’ administrative experience;
- A typing speed of at least 50 accurate wpm;
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and
- Have completed an Accounting Level 1 course.
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- The City has a strong learning culture; we want our people to grow and succeed;
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace; and
- Our compensation starts at $24.50 per hour, plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs no later than August 27, 2019 quoting competition number #19-112c. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.