Recreation Leader, Children Services
Recreation Leader, Children ServicesCasual
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Our Recreation Department is currently seeking a positive, responsible, energetic and enthusiastic individual for the position of Recreation Leader in our Children’s Services section. Primary focus of this role will be in leading, promoting interest and encouraging participation in preschool and children’s soccer programs.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Enjoy working with children in a sports setting;
- A passion for soccer;
- Ability to answer general questions related to sport programs; and
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a part of an amazing team.
The requirements for this position are:
- Six (6) months full-time equivalent experience working with Children 12 in a recreation setting;
- Minimum of two post-secondary, courses related to Childhood Development (sports related courses an asset);
- BCRPA High Five Training;
- Standard First Aid (required prior to start date)
- Food Safe (required prior to start date)
- Valid Class 5 or 7 Drivers License
We are looking for someone who is available to work after school Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays as well as Saturday mornings. There is also the possibility of additional shifts; however the hours of work will depend upon program registrations. The 2019 rate of pay for this casual position is $22.81 per hour (plus of 12% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays). The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by August 21, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-111c. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.