Lifeguard Instructor I
Town of Ladysmith
Job Posting – Lifeguard Instructor I – Temp. Part Time
The Town of Ladysmith is currently seeking Lifeguard Instructor I’s to work in our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. Reporting to the Programmer - Aquatics, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons in and around the pool area, maintaining the pool area in a safe and clean condition, exhibiting leadership qualities while instructing and lifeguarding within the aquatic programs offered, and providing general supervision of pool activities.
Some of the required qualifications are:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent (GED).
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience in a lifeguard/instructor role.
- Current certification in:
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Award – Pool Option
- Lifesaving Society Instructor
- BCRPA Aqua Fit Instructor or other comparable certification.
- Valid Standard 1st Aid certification.
- Valid CPR, level C certification.
- Pool Operator Level I certification.
This is a temporary part time position, guarantee 30 hours per week. Parks, Recreation and Culture is a seven-day per week operation and require employees to be available for work weekdays, evenings and weekends. The pay rate for this position is Band 5 - $28.17 per hour For a complete job description, please visit our website at: http://www.ladysmith.ca/city-hall/careers-volunteering/current-vacancies
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence as soon as possible:
Attn: Ian Paydli
Manager of Human Resources
Town of Ladysmith
PO Box 220 Ladysmith, BC V9G 1A2
The Town of Ladysmith thanks all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.