Facility Attendant – Community Services Assistant 2
City of Surrey
Facility Attendant – Community Services Assistant 2 (RPT)
The City of Surrey is one of the fastest growing and culturally diverse cities in Canada. Recognized as a top employer, we are dedicated to building a vibrant, progressive, world-class city that enhances quality of life for our citizens, while delivering meaningful and rewarding career opportunities for our employees.
The Museum of Surrey is a cultural facility with a mission to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey’s diverse population and communities through participation, engagement and stories.
We are looking for a Facility Attendant who is committed to a high level of service in a new, busy, and vibrant community facility. Hours are Wednesday to Saturday, 7 hours per day (28 hours per week).
In this role, typical duties include:
- Reception duties at the Museum of Surrey including meeting and greeting visitors.
- General duties include telephone and in-person reception, basic clerical duties, handling and reconciling cash for admissions and sales, taking registrations for programs, providing information and facility orientation.
- Supporting the opening and closing of the facility and monitor, implement and report safety and risk management issues and practices in a public operation.
- Assisting program staff with program preparation such as prepping supplies and nametags.
As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate your outgoing customer relation skills and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, enjoy working in a team setting and possess strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
You’ll also have:
- Completed grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of office experience or a combination of training and experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and are familiar with the programs, activities and services of the City’s Heritage Services.
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate. As you will be driving to various sites, a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history as well as access to a vehicle may be required.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca