Town of Comox
Executive Coordinator(Full-Time/Exempt Position)
With a population of approximately 15,000, Comox is a community located on the east coast of southcentral Vancouver Island, boasts a seaside location, mountainous horizon, and rich farmlands throughout the Comox Valley. With a temperate year round climate, nearby forests, unsurpassed recreational opportunities, beaches and the ocean, Comox offers every enjoyable pursuit imaginable and lends itself to a quality of life that one would consider outstanding.
The Town is looking for a permanent full-time Executive Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Executive Coordinator provides executive-level corporate administrative support, often of a confidential nature, to the CAO, the Mayor, members of Council and members of the senior management team.
Typical duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- in consultation with the CAO and senior staff, promotes the Town’s vision to advance key corporate priorities through monitoring and evaluating the progress of Council’s strategic plan
- maintains a high level of day-to-day contact with the CAO, Mayor and Council to ensure effective communication between the CAO and Council regarding operational matters
- initiates, develops and drafts corporate policies where required, including bylaws, agreements, contracts including the review of Town policies to ensure consistency with the Town’s current priorities, strategic direction and to adhere to legislative requirements
- drafts reports, correspondence, briefing notes and presentation materials for the CAO and Mayor and Council as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- considerable knowledge of local government, Council, committee and related official bodies and boards, including procedures and functions
- considerable knowledge of the Local Government Act; Community Charter; Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act; Interpretation Act; bylaws, statutes; policies and related acts and regulations
Education & Certification
- completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of a related diploma or degree from a recognized educational institution or an equivalent combination of directly related education, training and experience; supplemented by courses in areas such as Local Government Administration
- minimum of 5 years working experience in a local government setting
- keyboarding speed of 60 wpm or greater
A detailed job description is available on the Town’s website http://comox.ca
The Town of Comox offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, a supportive work environment and encourages ongoing career and professional development.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, including references and a cover letter, in confidence no later than 4:00 pm, Thursday, August 29, 2019 to:
Twyla Slonski, Executive Coordinator
Town of Comox
1809 Beaufort Avenue, Comox, BC V9M 1R9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.