Clerk Typist 3 - Towing
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Clerk Typist 3 - Towing
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week
$46,240 - $54,294 annually and a comprehensive benefits package
We are seeking a professional and customer service focused individual to assist with a variety of clerical duties within the Towing Services section. You will assist with receiving incoming calls from a multi-line switchboard; respond to inquiries; provide assistance and information to the public; processing disputes, payments and bank deposits; dispatching Tow Truck Operators; coordinating and administering the New Westminster public auction process; liaising with various City Departments and external stakeholders; processing mail and other correspondence; and performing other related clerical duties as required.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by commercial business courses plus considerable related experience.
- Considerable knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, methods and procedures governing towing operations.
- Experience using software programs such as Tempest, Prospero, JD Edwards and TowTrack would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ICBC towing and storage operations and the Warehouse Lien Act would be an asset
- Minimum typing speed proficiency of 55 wpm.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Sound knowledge of recordkeeping, related clerical functions and modern office practices and procedures.
- You have the ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts in processing complex enquiries, contentious complaints and in providing a wide range of information.
- You have the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and to provide exceptional customer service.
- You have the ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, reports and correspondence.
- You have the ability to work independently and complete complex clerical and typing assignments with minimal supervision.
- You can effectively use PC industry standard applications/software including MS Office Suite and operate common office equipment.
- You have the ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- You have the ability to demonstrate effective conflict resolution skills.
- You can effectively organize work priorities.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check (PIC).
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-107, by August 28, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.