Administration Offices – Valleyview, Alberta
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farm-land, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Marketing, the Communications Officer is responsible for leading the planning, development and delivery of internal and external communications, including media / public relations activity.
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic communications plans, websites and social media communications channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Assess communications programs, report findings and recommend improvements
- Initiate, promote and encourage effective internal and external communication strategies and practices
- Ensure website is maintained and updated
- Writes and edits content for the web and communications pieces, including E-Newsletter, brochures, advertisements, etc
- Development, editing, and publishing of news releases, articles, editorials, publications, newsletters, and other written communications
- Coordination of corporate events including the golf tournament, staff BBQ, Christmas party, ratepayer BBQ’s, public meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Stay current with technological advances
- Assist in the provision of general information to the public and other media, to keep Ratepayers apprised of the events happening within the Municipality and promote opportunities for them to participate and / or submit feedback to Council and employees
- Assists in the provision of information to employees, to keep employees apprised of inter- departmental events and promote opportunities for them to participate and/or submit feedback accordingly
- Leads the design, development and execution of innovative marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a record of potential items for promotion, and utilize reverse scheduling to plan their release to media and/or publication in internal and / or external publications
- Provide technical assistance with consistent branding to ensure the professional presentation of written documentation, advertising, and other promotional / marketing materials
- Media management and monitoring
- Analytics of social media, Live Stream, Media etc
- Oversee the planning, coordination and execution of news conferences and other media events.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Diploma or degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of Municipal experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Communications at a Senior Management level.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with social media including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Web content.
- Ability and interest to stay current with new technologies and technological advances.
- Excellent writing, verbal and analytical communications skills.
- Excellent editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from all levels of staff, including Management, Council and Ratepayers.
- Ability to develop and nurture productive business relationships with internal and external partners; work collaboratively to resolve problems.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the MGA and other legislative and procedural requirements is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Adobe, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computers and telephone.
- Long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Use and operation of a vehicle.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.