Project Traffic Engineer
City of Surrey
Project Traffic Engineer
Are you looking for a job opportunity that has tremendous opportunity for growth and will make a direct impact in the community? We are currently hiring for a Project Traffic Engineer who will play a leadership role within our Transportation Division. Reporting to the Traffic Operations Team Lead, the incumbent will perform complex technical work related to managing the safe and efficient flow of traffic throughout the city. Surrey has a population of over 500,000 and continues to grow by approximately 1000 per month, leading to a rewarding and challenging transportation career with opportunities for growth within the Division.
- You have in-depth knowledge and expertise in traffic engineering best practices.
- You will use your leadership abilities to mentor junior engineering staff.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and will respond to sensitive traffic matters to the public and elected representatives, conduct presentations to the public and stakeholders, and liaise with partners.
- You possess effective interpersonal skills and are able to build and maintain relationships with members of your team, external stakeholders (e.g. ICBC, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, RCMP, School District), and other City departments.
- You will lead projects such as the development of specifications and standard drawings for signage and pavement markings, and regulations and design criteria for driveways.
- You will help with project selection and develop terms of reference for traffic engineering projects such as pavement markings, traffic calming measures, curb extensions, traffic circles and more.You will also provide traffic engineering recommendations for project selection and the development of terms of reference for transportation capital projects.
- You possess a Civil Engineering Degree and a minimum of 4-7 years related experience in traffic or transportation engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineering Licensee (Eng. L.) with Engineering and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
- Directly related experience within the public sector and/or working as a Consultant on municipal transportation projects is an asset.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
This job will be posted until September 13, 2019. Interviews are expected to start in the second half of September.