Recreation Leader - Attendant - Facility Liaison and Special Event Assistant
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Leader - Attendant -
Facility Liaison and Special Event Assistant
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week Work Week Thursday – Monday
$46,240 to $54,293 annually plus benefits
The Queensborough Community Centre is seeking an outgoing, energetic and self-motivated individual to join their team, to provide customer service, to perform front counter tasks; to support facility rentals in a multi-room complex and to assist in the coordination of special events across the City of New Westminster. The incumbent will act as facility liaison on an assigned shift. The facility liaison supports a variety of social rental functions, works with staff, volunteers and renters to ensure that the rental requirements are met and assists the Special Events team with administrative functions. Considerable independent judgement and action are to be exercised within established guidelines by the incumbent.
- Exceptional customer service skills are necessary to establish and to maintain effective working relationships with rental customers and community organizations.
- Sound knowledge of the facilities and services available to renters as they relate to the work performed.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to staff/volunteers supporting a rental or a community event.
- Ability to respond to inquiries, to resolve problems that arise and to monitor the safety of event areas.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks such as monitoring inventory, maintaining appropriate supplies, performing general maintenance work; and ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to present ideas and viewpoints effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Completion of a 2 year post-secondary program supplemented by customer service, recreation, special event or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid First Aid or CPR certification and experience with registration and membership software is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
This position works Thursday – Monday (combination of days and afternoons shifts and will vary depending on operational and special event requirements.
Apply by sending your resume quoting Competition #19-101 by August 23, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.