The Delta Police Department, one of the most respected police departments in Canada and one of BC's Top 100 Employers of 2019, is based in the richly diverse community of Delta, BC. Our core values of Honour, Integrity, Courage and Trust are the basis of our leadership philosophy and drive our commitment to the community. Every employee and volunteer with Delta Police Department is expected to be a leader by living our core values in all that we do.
British Columbia [BC]
The Delta Police Department is seeking a passionate, energetic, hardworking Analyst to join our Intelligence Management section. If you have experience monitoring, identifying, analyzing and interpreting crime data, have a keen attention to detail and enjoy being an integral part of the team, we want to hear from you!
Nature and Scope of Work
This is complex and specialized statistical and analytical work in support of criminal investigations and the development of department projects and programs. An incumbent of this class collects, evaluates, analyzes and interprets a wide variety of investigative and intelligence data and information; monitors and identifies crime patterns, trends and other factors; participates and provides analytical support in the development of projects and programs; prepares reports and recommendations based upon analysis; and establishes and maintains liaison with a variety of internal and external contacts. Considerable independent judgement and action are exercised in carrying out assignments while unusual, more complex or policy issues are discussed with a superior who reviews work performance in terms of quality of services rendered and achievement of desired results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of research, statistical and analytical principles, practices, procedures, methods and techniques related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the organization and functions of the various internal sections and of the regulations, policies and practices governing the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of computer applications and procedures and police information systems related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the criminal justice system and its components as they relate to the work performed.
- Ability to perform research and analytical tasks, interpret statistical and narrative data, and prepare forecasts, projections and reports on various matters.
- Ability to present results, conclusions and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Ability to participate in the development of various detachment projects and programs.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with representatives of other agencies.
Desirable Training & Experience
University graduation in criminology, computer programming, geography, mathematics or another discipline related to the work, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Licences, Certifications and Registrations Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
Every employee with the Delta Police Department is expected to uphold our Core Values. An enhanced security clearance (which involves several stages) will be part of the selection process. The clearance must be maintained throughout employment.
Hours of Work
0800 - 1600 Mon-Fri
$39.56 - $46.75 per hour
Posting Closing Date