Position Type: Regular Part-Time, Unionized
Department: Operations Team
Direct Supervisor: Coordinator, Operations
Application Closing Date: Aug 20, 2019
Our team of Facility Attendants have a crucial role in facility conversions, traffic management, and other services to help maintain the Richmond Olympic Oval facility. As a Facility Attendant, you are customer-service oriented, great at finding solutions and love to work in a busy operations and team environment.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all Oval clients, both internal & external
- Room set-up, take-down, support services and clean-up for meetings and events
- Facility conversions and support services as required for multiple departments, meetings, events and/or similar
- Parkade & parking system support as required
- BSW support services as required
- Facility, grounds & equipment upkeep, organization, safety, etc.
- Minor maintenance as required
- Detail, presentation and service oriented in all duties as assigned
A day in the life of a Facility Attendant includes:
- Reviewing facility schedule to plan & preparing for meetings, events, multi-department support services, etc.
- Executing and/or supporting facility services & conversions
- Providing BSW supporting services such as sweeping, waste collection, supply stocking, etc.
- Providing parkade support services such as traffic flow & capacity, system maintenance, etc.
- Care, maintenance and inventory of Oval assets & equipment, internal/external deliveries, etc.
- Providing front line and support customer service with outstanding initiative and results
- Other duties as assigned
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include:
- Completion of grade 12
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Service detailed, with ability to perform with initiative, and execute sound judgement in team environment and/or working independently
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated ability within; event conversions, A/V & IT services, hospitality & customer service, traffic management, etc.
- Demonstrated safety & organizational skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Flexible schedule determined by operational need
- Ability to meet & maintain the ongoing physical needs (walking, standing, lifting, push/pull, etc.) of the job, in all types of climate (indoor & outdoor)
- Must be able to complete and maintain a successful criminal record check
Hours of Work:
- Minimum 25 hours per week
- Shift days & times to be discussed with all shortlisted candidates.
- $19.53 per hour (Increasing to $19.92 July1, 2019)
Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation. We offer meaningful benefits that make a difference for you and your family:
- Full Oval Membership with access to 20,000 sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum
- Extended Health and Dental plan (Single and Family coverage)
- Health spending account (Annual)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Collaborative team environment
- Learning and development opportunities
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are a GOLD medal candidate then we want you on our TEAM!