Development Engineering Technologist
Development Engineering TechnologistFull Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Development Services Department is looking for a seasoned professional for the role of Development Engineering Technologist to perform a variety of duties related to land development in both an office environment and on the construction site.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Administration, review, processing and regulating land development applications;
- Approve designs related to land development for conformance to standards, best practice guidelines and regulations;
- Inspect work performed by contractors, developers, City crews and utility companies on development related construction projects;
- Issue tickets for bylaw offences around the construction site in relation to the development;
- Acts as City liaison to developers, contractors and other municipal employees; and
- Responds to public concerns related to the development project.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Graduated from an institute of technology with a diploma in civil and structural engineering technology;
- Seven years of combined experience in (minimum 1 year in each) design or construction of municipal infrastructure (such as streets, drainage, sanitary, and water), inspection, and the administration of regulations in a municipal environment;
- Experience in the use of computerized engineering applications; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Sound customer service ability;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia;
- Registered (or ability to register within 1 year) as an Applied Science Technologist (AScT) with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC; and
- Registered (or ability to register within 1 year) as a Certified Public Works Inspector 2 (CPWI 2) with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about our community;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The terms and conditions of employment for this full time assignment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2019 annual salary for this position starts at $71K with the top step at just over $81K and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Friday, August 23, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-101e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.