The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2019253
$33.63 to 39.57 per hour
This position is responsible for purchasing a variety of equipment, supplies and services utilizing computerized systems and applying the principles of public sector procurement and knowledge of purchasing practices to meet the requirements of City Departments. Examples of key work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal clients to identify organizational needs and purchasing requirements, assist in the development of specifications, prepare and issue bid documents (e.g. Request for Quotation, Expression of Interest etc.) and facilitate the procurement process in accordance with the City’s Procurement Policy and approved procedures.
- Review the client’s scope of work, specifications and requirements to ensure that prerequisites have been provided (e.g. budget approval, estimate, schedule, technical details etc.).
- Conduct supply market research to support sourcing recommendations to clients.
- Record and analyze bid results, and make recommendations to clients on the selection of suppliers based on facts and data resulting from the bid process.
- Finalize awards through preparation and issuance of purchase orders and contract documents.
- Process purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders. Maintains purchase orders and contracts to reflect changes to requirements.
- Provide guidance on purchasing-related matters and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Support the City’s Purchasing Card Program and educate staff on the appropriate use of purchasing cards.
- Post competitive bid opportunities and addendums on BC Bid.
We are looking for someone who has:
A minimum of one year (30 credits) of related post-secondary coursework (ex: purchasing, business accounting, etc.) supplemented by a minimum of two years of related experience within a municipal environment. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada,” please submit your application by following the instructions below:
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for the Buyer position is 11:59pm, on
August 22, 2019.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.