The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Job ID 19-63
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
July 26 - August 11, 2019
The City of Port Moody has an exciting opportunity for an organized and experienced Accountant on a temporary (approximately 18 month) basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reconciling and balancing accounts, preparing journal entries and government reporting as well as providing assistance with other financial tasks. This position will also assist with preparing year-end supporting schedules and assist with the year-end audit.
This position may be required to work additional hours during times of heavy workload. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of the first year in a Professional Accounting program or equivalent is required plus a minimum of two (2) years of related accounting experience
- Working towards obtaining an Accounting designation is preferred
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Word / Excel and financial software systems
- Ability to work as part of a team
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$31.80 - $34.24
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.